Monday 27 June 2016

appraisals

My appraisal is tomorrow.  I have hated them ever since the first one I had in my first job.  They are well meant, but I doubt if those who created this idea ever worked on shop floor.  Some of the questions are just downright partronising.  One wonders how stupid one has to be.  In a routine job one does the same thing day in day out and then in an appraisal is asked what aspect of the Job has given greatest satisfaction. What am i meant to say to that?  A stuffed letter is a stuffed letter and I send out thousand of them.

The way I see it is this

Two men are braking stones.  A man approaches the first man and asks, "What are you doing"?  He says, "Can you not see, I am breaking stones".  He goes to the second man and asks, "What are you doing"?  He says, "I am building temples. 

It is all a question of perspective.  I am building temples.


No comments: