Thursday 20 November 2014

team focus days

It was just brilliant to have our team focus days at this time. For the first time in all the years I have been here the extended team were here for the christmas party.  Also as I looked round them, I thought, "This is me, a missionary and for all its pitfalls I love it".  It reminded me of who I am against the rudeness of a certain person who has not even met me.  All of these people at the focus days are people I love and by whom I am loved who understand Gods provision in a way that the offending party does not, nor wants to.  She even would not look at the chapters I sent her which is at least consistent with her rudeness and also I think fear, as in reading them she may be confronted by God and realise that I am actually a human being used by God in a way that is further than even I realise. 

I wonder if she will have achieved her ambition by March or will she just change the month but stick to the plan?  I expect I will never know. 

If she listened, she would learn so much more.

As usual, however, I found the focus day both challenging and thrilling.  We had a good discussion about who we are as a team.  One man in particular whom I have always admired gave a perspective on the team DNA.  He pointed out that if we change the way we operate, then that becomes who we are.  As an example he said that we did not turn the telephones off when he joined.  When we did, it changed the way that we engage with people.  ( this was before email)  I think we all learn a lot from him.

No comments: