Monday 27 September 2010

Walk Like an egyptian

dealing with Kids is not my thing. I get on well with individual children, but in the formal sense, I would say that it is just not my thing. I was a dreadfull Sunday school teacher many years ago and there are now two grown woman of faith who came out of that and the best I can say is I did not muck it up for them. In fact one of them is in charge of the Sunday School now and I think I can safely say that she is better than I ever was.

With all that in mind, I will be at the crew tonight. Can you believe it? This is due to the fact that the usual men are away and the current law has been interpreted to mean that women have to be there for the girls and men have to be there for the boys. As the usual men are not going to be there, I am standing in so that the meeting can go ahead.

This manner of interpretation is by no means universal. In the theatre a woman can chaperone boys and girls but a man can only do it for boys. It seems to me that the interpretation of the law is subject to those who have to take the responsibility and there therefor you need what are deemed to be good working practices.

Well we will see how tonight goes. They will be looking at Moses tonight (Walk like an Egyptian)

No comments: