Friday 11 August 2017

OM the early days.

In recent days I have been going through more old paper including some stashed in the attic . in my hands is a finance note book with the first gifts and expenses in the history of the work. it was 1956 . Dale we were at Maryville. You gave one of the first gifts. we were still called Christian youth committee which is stamped on the cover. There were gifts when I was still in high school including one from Redyke to cover the Gospels of John not sure where those records are? In this book I have here the first gift entered was from me for. 99 cents. Mr Ed Galenkamp gave 100$....this was by the way building up to the meeting in the highschool Christmas 1956 when about 125 responded after I spoke including my dad. Dale you gave one of the first gifts .70 cents Charley Shotmeyer $5.00 mrs clapp 5$ Molly (your girl friend dale) $2.00 Bobbie and Ray $1.00 our mom $1.00 Its many pages cover the next summer when we hired a bus to billy graham crusade and then went to mexico. I cannot remember looking at this before…and its 60 years ago. interesting that I find it this year. it has a listing \mexico trip $546.00 (there is as summary of how it was used. and moody press for 10,000 gospels $350 It ends may of 1958 which is when SEND the Light was registered and I think my mom took up the finance from that point. Not sure where all the book sales money for the summer was. I think I did that under my fire extinguisher company Bergen County Sales. There are missing pieces in the puzzle. Thanks for reading this and GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD. IT WAS HIS WORK FROM DAY ONE. IT WAS very small beginning. In his grip still george ________________________________________ Special Projects is a ministry of Operation Mobilisation (OM) Registered Office: The Quinta, Weston Rhyn, Oswestry, SY10 7LT, United Kingdom A company limited by guarantee - registered no: 2564320 (England & Wales) Charity registered no: 1008196 (England & Wales) - SC040988 (Scotland) ________________________________________ Operation Mobilisation (OM) - a company limited by guarantee - The Quinta, Weston Rhyn, Oswestry, SY10 7LT, United Kingdom Company reg no: 2564320 (England & Wales) - Charity reg. no: 1008196 (England & Wales) - SC040988 (Scotland) Web: http://www.uk.om.org

No comments: