Tuesday 1 August 2017

Elders

How did God teach me patience? God usually sends things to try ones patience so that one aquires it and for me one so called elder whos name began with H was one such instrument. I would go as far as to say that he was an embarrassment and sad to say that he spent many years in church a great number of them as an elder and was utterly clueless about spiritual things. In the church of Scotland which is not really a church, it is an organisation, this is common. A long time ago, I attended a meeting in Cowdenbeath that was being led by a church of Scotland minister. He told those assembled that he was an elder in the church of scotland for a number of years before he became a christian. Again, having an elder who is has not had a conversion experience does not surprise me, but at least that man got to the point where he was converted.

No comments: