Friday 19 September 2014

the morning after

The Yes Scotland campaign has been defeated.  We are indeed better together.  On a personal note, I thought contemplating separation was foolish.  However, constitutional change for the rest of the country will now have to be considered.

Having said that, the country is divided and feelings will be raw.

There has been a lot of selfishness in the whole process.

I think a revival is far more important.  Mankind has to recognise sin in human nature and let God deal with it.  Scotland was once known as, " The Land of the book".  That could not be said now.  It will take a movement of God to bring people to him.

We need to be magnanimous at this time and not be crowing over the YES defeat.

The No victory, has solved some problems, but it will create others.

The West Lothian Question will have to be addressed.

I listened to the results of the referendum on the radio, but when I knew Alec Salmond was going to concede defeat, I got up and turned on the television to watch it.  I think he was magnanimous.  I also watched Alastair Darlings victory speech.

I think the real leader of Better Together proved to be Gordon Brown.

I now await to see how the Westminster establishment address the west Lothian question.

No comments: