Saturday 30 April 2011

fasting and prayer

I am having day of fasting an prayer. Just like Ruth waiting for Boaz to settle the business, so I am looking to the lord to answer my prayer. Before I left the house this morning, I read parts of Habakkuk. I then went out with bible by the canal and read all of it. The bit that stood out to me was Habakkuk 2:1 "I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint." Habakkuk was waiting for an answer to prayer. He was deliberately looking for it

I also read 1st Kings Chapters 17 to 18. The verses that stood out to me were 1st Kings 18:41-46"And Elijah said to Ahab"Go eat and drink for there is the sound of a heavy rain". So Ahab went off to eat and drink, but Elijah climbed to the top of mount carmel, bent down to the ground and put his face between his knees. "Go and look toward the sea" he told his sevant. And he went up and looked. "There is nothing there he said."Seven times Elijah said, "Go Back" The seventh time the servant reported, " A cloud as small as a mans hand is rising from the sea". So Elijah said, "Go tell Ahab, Hichup your chariot and go down before the rain stops you". Meanwhile the sky grew black with clouds and the wind rose, a heavy rain came on and Ahab rode off to Jezreel. The power of the lord came upon Elijah and tucking his cloak into his belt, he ran ahead of Ahab all the way to Jezreel."

Once again we see a man of God praying and looking for the answer, not just hoping for one, expecting one and likewise I need to expect one. I look to see what the lord will give me. Will it be M or F?

No comments: