Wednesday 18 November 2009

Save Me Lord

last night was a bit out of the ordinary. I ran out of petrol. I had thought that I had filled the can that I keep in the boot, but I had not. I took the can home and got a torch and a pool car. I drove to the garage, but on the way, the car skidded, and mounted an embankment. While this was happening I prayed "Lord Save me, Lord Save me". The car was still moving when put on the brakes and it stalled. However, praise the lord, there was no damage. I did not hit anything. I then drove the rest of the way to the garage, got petrol, drove to my own car and put it in. I drove my own car home and then walked back for the pool car.

As I was walking back to the pool car in the dark with the torch on, I could not help but reflect that this world is like the night. It is a dark place, and like my torch, we have to be a light in it.

I should also be prepared. If I had petrol in the car, then none of these things would have happened. Likewise in life, we need to be prepared. We need to be prepared for the day we die and in all things we need to seek Gods wisdom.

Where was God in the midst of all this? He was looking after me.

No comments: