Wednesday 14 January 2009

Roger Carswell

Yesterday, Roger Carswell came into the office. He was a guest at Quinta Hall. I saw an opportunity to get a good book for the woman that I pray for. I left a note at Quinta hall asking him to see me and I explained the situation. Today he saw me and after a short talk he recommended a book he wrote called, "Things God Wants Us to Know". He gave one to me and I will send it with a copy of LUKEs gospel. I pray she reads them.

It was also good to see Roger and I will be passing on his greetings to Digby and Marianne.

I do wonder however, when Roger came into the office yesterday, I did not see him. I heard him outside my door talking to our receptionist. He had brougth some mail over. I pushed my chair back and looked at this man standing in the doorway. He seemed familiar. I thought that he looked like Roger Carswell. When he had gone and I looked at the mail that he had left, I saw the return sticker with his name and address on it. If I had not heard our receptionist talking to him, I would not have looked to see who it was, and if I had not then checked that he was who I thought he was I would not have thought of asking him for a his advice on a book for someone who knows nothing. Could this be the final push that God will use to give her the gift of faith?

No comments: