Monday 5 October 2015

wigtown book festival George Falconers view.

I have just got back from the Wigtown book festival. I went for the first time last year and this year, I was there for the last two days. I love it. The little town of Wigtown is very friendly and I can understand why some people love living there.  The festival is a big event for such a small community. They get well known speakers and the event runs like clockwork.  There is a large number of different speakers, there are displays of varying attractive luxury goods and the market is an added bonus.  I always enjoy going in "The bookshop" and by that I mean the biggest second hand bookshop in Scotland.  The staff are lovely to talk to  and in terms of books there is everything from a needle to an achor.  I highly recommend the place.

I hope to do something with my own book and the churches next year. I met with the ministers and they have my card.


No comments: