Wednesday 12 August 2015

preston

I went to Preston yesterday to collect one of our vehicles.  When I was at chirk Railway station, Digby appeared.  I had a number of changes to make and was concerned that I may miss a train as  I looked for the platforms for departing.  He had a app on his phone that gave him all that information so he saved me some hassal. 

I caught all the trains, arrive in Preston on time and met my collegues mother.  The vehicle was outside her house.  My collegue is called Debs. She has a Scottish accent and lives with her husband in Glasgow. However, by talkng to her mother, I have discovered that she was born in Oxfordshire and then they moved to lancashire.  Debs did not go to Glasgow until 2002 when she met her husband.  Evidently she picks up accents.

As I drove the vehicle back, I saw the spot on the M56 where there had been a lorry crash yesterday with a fire. I am glad that I avoided that.  It must have been frightening for those involved and with fire there is a risk of an explosion.

When I passed by, I saw the layby that was cordoned off and in the middle of it was an area where it had been scorched by the fire.


No comments: