Wednesday 28 August 2013

I put the following in the village news letter. I had previously written an article in it where I said that faith was vital to life. Someone wrote a letter, that was not signed or addressed and left it at the chapel in response saying that they felt that they had to say that I only said faith was vital to life because I was not confident person. This is laughable, but it made me realise that what I had written was not clear and that I had to write something that was. Once I had written and submitted the following, I realised that if it were printed, it would come out at the same time as the "Uncover" course that the Quinta Church and St Johns plan to do as an evangelism event in the village. I think this is Gods providence. It could not be better. It is like saying we all have a problem and this is sin. If you take part in the course you will find the answer. Here is what I wrote in the village newsletter. Most people do not actually read the bible, yet they think that they know what is in it. When you actually read it a great deal of it will surprise you Mathew 5 and 22 reads as follows "Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still together on the way, or your adversary may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. It is for this reason that I said in the last Wren that faith is vital, as indeed it is. This life is the journey to court and God is the judge. We are told in ~Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, This means we are all guilty of sin, it is our nature. We are all on the way to Gods Judgement, the question is will we settle with him now and accept the payment for our sin that he has provided in Jesus dying on the cross, or will we face him still guilty and face the penalty. In Pauls letter to the Romans Chapter one from verse 29 we read Being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil, full of envy, murder, strife deceit, malice, they are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents. Without understanding, Untrustworthy, unloving, Unmerciful and although they know the ordinance of God that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but give hearty approval to those who practice them. I therefore say to all from 2nd Corinthian chapter 6 verse 2 For he says, "In the time of my favour I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you." I tell you, now is the time of God's favour, now is the day of salvation. The point is, we all need to settle the matter now. Tomorrow may be too late. In romans 6 and 23 we read For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. This is what we must do to get the gift of God, we must surrender and trust in Christ completely. When we know how unworthy we are, we marvel all the more at his love.

No comments: