Monday 14 May 2012

Macclesfield

Last Saturday was great. I went to Macclesfield where George Verwer was celebrating 50 years of OM in the UK.  There were people there who were X OMers whom George Interviewed, and then he walked around with a microphone interviewing serving OMers.  He came to me by saying, "Here is a Scotsman, George Falconer, how did you join OM?"  I gave a brief answer that involve me saying that I prayed for other people to go and join the Quinta team, to which George said, " Here am I, send my sister".

It was such a privilage to be there. I met a man who is an evangelist in Sheffied.  He cleans in schools and he is an alcohoc.  He has a problem with vodca.  He is divorced and can only read slowly. However, I could see that he had a great love for the lord and being at the meeting was very exciting for him.  I appreciated being there, but I think he appreciated it so much more.

It is amazing how God calls people and one never knows who he will call, or when.  That man was a reminder to me, not to dismiss people. 

No comments: