Tuesday 13 March 2012

The seven cries from the cross

For the next three weeks I am going to speak on the seven cries from the cross, but not neccassarily in the order in which they usually come. Instead, I am going to take them in the order they come in the gospels. I have discovered that three of them are unique to Lukes gospel, three are unique to Johns gospel and the seventh is found in both Mathew and Marks gospel

So this week I am doing from Lukes Gospel
Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do
I tell you the truth, today you shall be with me in Paradise
Father, into your hands, I commit my spirit

Next week from Johns Gospel
Dear woman, here is your son. Here is your mother
I am thirsty
It is finished

And in the third week from both Mathew and Johns Gospels
Father, why have you forsaken me?

No comments: