Tuesday 17 February 2009

A note in my bible on quick answers to prayer

There is a note in my bible on Psalm 70 about speedy answers to prayer. I see nothing wrong in asking for a speedy answer, but it is up the lord whether he grants speed or not. The note is as follows

" Think about it. Our world worships speed. Whether it's cars, computers, or dialing the phone, faster is better. But God's perfect timing can't be measured in mph, MHz, or split seconds. He's just not on our time system. When you are pressured and can't get answers fast enough, remember God is not playing a cruel joke on you. He's getting you ready for the best answer."

I may have an answer to prayer. It is not the one that I expected, but it is a good one.

On the same subject I have recently witnessed a speedy answer to prayer. We were praying for our team and one of our members was praying for our IT department and asked for another member to come SOON. It actually happened. Can you believe it? I am so pleased.

No comments: