Saturday 1 March 2014

Superstition

I think my eyes have been opened in the past week. I played a small part in the latest play, "Six characters in search of an author". I have come to realise that there are some people, who do things that are nice. It is charming, and it feels good, but there is more to it than that. It is superstition. It has a deep grip on them. One lady comes to the dressing rooms and greets everyone before the performance. Another gives small gifts to people after the final performance, and tonight I heard her say, "It is a tradition, I HAVE GOT TO DO IT". I think these words say it all. They are lovely ladies and I love them, but one has the appearance of faith in that she is a church goer, an Anglican. the other is not. However they both have things they have got to do connected to the theater. It seems innocent, but I now see there is the Dark power of the devil behind it. I also feel there is physiological barrier between me and them. If that could be torn down then perhaps I could open up to them and let them see that Jesus Christ died for them to set them free from sin, death Hell and the spiritual superstitions that bind them.

No comments: