Sunday 1 July 2012

Enoch Powell and WEST

As an illustration this morning, D used the example of Enoch Powell.  He has been branded as a racist, but in fact this is not true.  He was responsible for bringing West Indians into the UK in the 1950s who took up jobs.  He was against vast movements of people. He was a brilliant man who loved Latin, Greek and the Clarinet.  He could not do them all.  He concentrated on Latin and Greek as he though them more benificial.

Pehaps he played the clarinet at home for his own pleasure

Bill Clinton as we all know plays the clarinet, but he became better know for being the president of the USA, I expect that took up more time.  In the case of both of these men, politics cain was musics loss.

Perhaps this illustration was for me. It my application for getting funding for WEST is successfull then the studies will take up a lot of time, and will be life changing.  I love the theatre, and to keep in contact with non christians, I do not envisage giving it up completelya as it gives my life balance. Only last week on our team a certain lady said that they do not meet non christians as their life is OM and Church. I do not live like that. I joined the theatre to meet the member of the company and I can honestly say they are my friends and I deeply love them, but perhaps a time has come for me to take a lesser part in it all.  I will stay on he committee, but I will have to say no to other things.

I will definety say no if I am approached about doing things for calendar girls.

I will not play any major roles, and may in fact play no roles, but

stewarding, I will do, props, I will do stage managing, perhaps, but WEST will come first.

No comments: