Tuesday 18 October 2011

Trust and risk

I asked M if I am trusted. It seems to me that is the word that is prominent to me at the present. I am so accustomed to being trusted that it is difficult for me to have to go beyond being myself to earn that trust when I know that I would not do anyone a bad turn. I really do love the lord. I might have my failures, but I do love the lord and his people. I try to be faithfull.

I filled in at reception yesterday and perhaps this is just my mind, or perhaps this is his providence, but I noticed for the first time that the word TRUST is on the computer speakers.

I now feel that I have a choice in what could be a life changing matter and trust is going to be one of the factors. Risk will be another. I could go on as I am, but look back with regret. I once told someone who first raised the subject of risk with me that I am afraid of taking the risk, but I am far more afraid of not taking it.

I am therefore praying that the lord will give me wisdom in the choices I intend to make over the next couple of weeks to a month

No comments: