Tuesday 8 September 2009

I wonder

As usual, I woke up this morning feeling that empitness, and yet at the same time a lot of encouragement from the lord which I also experience every day. I wonder what lies ahead? Is God preparing me for something? Am I changing? If I am I hope it is for the better.

I am reminded of a story that George Philip told. He came to what is now my sending church to visit us and in particular the minister who had come from his church. He told us what the first five years of his ministry was like. It was awful and having fulfilled the first compulsory five years, every week he got into the pulpit, said the opening prayer and then looked for a vacancy committee. Having done this for some time, he reached the conclusion that God wanted him to change and so he did. Having made this decision he got into the pulpit the following sunday and he saw a vacancy committee. He took great delight in telling them he was not interested.

I however am not in his circumstances, and I am not new, I have been in OM for 15 years, but I do feel a need to be refreshed.

No comments: